Israeli incitement to religious conflict in occupied Jerusalem
Israeli occupation officers inslalled electronic metal detectors at the gates to Al-Aqsa Mosque compound. Israel’s radical measures block and restrict Palestinians’ access to Al-Aqsa Mosque. Such Israeli measures restrict Palestinians’ right to full and open access to the mosque, which is already threatened by the Israeli authorities.
During the last year, there has been an escalation of Israeli violations and incitements of the sanctity of Al-Aqsa Mosque Compound.
The year 2016 witnessed the highest number of settlers’ invasion of Al-Aqsa since its occupation in 1967, as settlers number reached 14,806 invaders.
In 2016, Israeli occupation authorities expelled some 258 Palestinian Jerusalemites from the Al-Aqsa Mosque for periods ranging between 3 – 6 months. Moreover, they prevent 60 Jerusalemites from entering Al-Aqsa since Aug. 2015.
On March 8th, 2017, the Israeli Knesset preliminary approved a draft law that stipulated preventing “Azan” prayers’ call at mosques in Jerusalem and within the 1948 territories.
In 2016, the Israeli occupation authorities demolished more than 190 houses and 121 facilities, and issued about 227 demolition orders, which resulted in the displacement of 1243 Jerusalemites. Furthermore, demolition of Palestinian houses in 2016 increased by 94%, and issuing plans, tenders, and giving licenses for building 18257 new settlement units in Jerusalem i.e. 40% increase. In addition, the number of settlers increased by 40% in Jerusalem between 2009 – 2016, but their number in the Old City increased by 70% over the the last few years.
Since the beginning of 2017 until June of the same year, Al-Aqsa Mosque witnessed large invasions where 8,000 Israeli settlers invaded the Mosque under the Israeli occupation army and police. Additionally, the Israeli occupation authorities issued on April 9th, 2017 orders to expel 32 Jerusalemites from Al-Aqsa for periods ranging between 15 days to 6 months.
Israeli Minister of Communications and Science, Israel Katz, said that Al-Aqsa Mosque belong to Israel, and there is no compromise on Israeli sovereignty, adding that the state of Israeli is responsible for the holy city!
Hundreds of Jewish settlers are creating chaos in West Bank streets with the protection from the Israeli occupation army:
- Israeli settlers closed the main road near the Kiryat Arba settlement in Hebron and threw stones at Palestinian vehicles.
- Settlers threw stones at Palestinian vehicles near Bitin Ofra and Shilo near Ramallah.
- The settlers closed the road to and from Shufa village near Tulkarem.
- The Nablus-Jalazoun road closed in both directions.
- The settlers closed Huwwara main Street from Beta Square until Hawara checkpoint and the Yitzhar road.
- Dozens of settlers threw stones at Palestinian cars near Nablus at the entrance of Sarra village.
- Israeli settlers closed the main road between Qalqiliya and Nablus at the Qadumim settlement.
- Settlers attacked Palestinian houses in ‘Asira al-Qibliya, Nablus.
- A group of settlers from Ateneel settlement south of Hebron threw stones at Palestinian vehicles.
- Israeli occupation forces closed the entrances of Beit ‘Einoun area, north of Hebron.